If you wish to connect your Windows 7 laptop to a Bluetooth speaker, follow these steps. If, however, you are unsure of how to connect the two or have already attempted it without success, the steps listed below will guide you through the process.
- The first step is to make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on both your computer and speakers. Afterwards, you need to make the link obvious or discoverable. To listen to music on your Bluetooth speaker, all it takes is a few mouse clicks.
- Begin by activating your Bluetooth speaker per the manufacturer’s instructions. It’s usually done by pressing and holding a specific button until a light begins to blink. Activating the discoverable option on your Windows 7 laptop will allow you to see the Bluetooth speaker in the Bluetooth menu on your laptop.
- To begin, press the “Start” button.
- Click on ‘Devices & Printers’ from the Start menu to access the list of available devices.
You’ll need to select “Add Device” from the top-left navigation bar and then proceed as instructed. It will begin searching for Bluetooth-enabled devices in the vicinity automatically.
- Add your Bluetooth speaker by clicking on the name of the device.
- Then, press the ‘Next’ button. Ensure that the Bluetooth speaker is turned on and discoverable if you don’t see it in that window. Wait a few seconds for Windows to recognise it if you just turned it on.
- If prompted, enter a passkey.